- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New water or sewer taps and fees
- New buildings, meter installations
- R/W's Agreements, Documents
- Rules and Regulations
- email: email@example.com
- Yard Restorations
- Road Restorations
- Water quality questions/complaints
- Front Office Operations
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comercial/Industrial Developers
- Developers of residential subdivisions
- System Operations
- email: email@example.com
- Water maintenance request
- Scheduling Water Taps
- Possible Leaks
Assistant Systems Director
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sewer Inspections
- Infiltration and Inflow (I&I) Program
- Pressure Tests @ Property Transfer
- Copies of sewer lateral inspections
- Scheduling Sewer Taps
GIS Mapping Technician
- email: email@example.com
- Location of water/sewer lines and taps
- Mapping questions and needs
Highland does provide emergency assistance 24 hrs./day (7days/week). Just call our normal business phone number (814-266-3146) and the message will be routed to the appropriate On-Call representitive.
However, please try to limit such calls to true emergencies. Additionally, we ask that you limit self-created emergencies through proper planning.
If your planning an after-hours plumbing job on either your water system or sewer system, make sure you know the location of your Curb Stop (shut off valve at the curb) or ViewPort and Cleanout. Curb Stop wrenches can be obtained during normal business hours at the main office by placing a deposit.
NOTICE: Call before you dig! Pennsylvania law requires anyone (customer / contractor) performing excavation work, to call PA One Call (1-800-242-1776 or 8-1-1) three working days prior to such work.